Sunday, August 24, 2014

LifeTime Tri Chicago

This was a rough one. I did not have a good swim. It was an in water start and I got beat up for the first 100m. I was not able to get onto the main field and paid for it in the choppy water.

It was a windy bike with a tailwind for the first 10km then right back into the wind for the next 10km. I was able catch a lot of people in the first half of the bike. With a nice chunk of strait road on Lake Shore. I paid for it a little on the back end of the bike but held it together. It was not enough to put me back into the hunt. I was able to PB on the bike so that was a bonus.

The run was a hard and long no where near my best but that is the way the cook crumbles sometimes.
In the end of the day I was 13th. I will take what I can out of the day and learn something.
Huge thanks to my home-stay the Hillenbrands.
My Cheering squad

Thanks to Caledon Hills Cycling and Cervelo for all the bike equipment, Saucony for the run shoes, Nineteen Wetsuit for the FastSkin/Wetsuit, Kinetico, Royal Containers and C3 for the flight support.


Some Footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment